Caramelized Ham paired with our One Brick Red Blend
Spring is definitely in the air and Easter is just around the corner. We love this time of year, as it signals new growth and liveliness after the long winter. In celebration of the season, we’ve rounded up our favorite Spring recipes.
Ham, with its sweet-and-salty richness, pairs best with a wine that has a touch of sweetness and acidity with plenty of bold fruit like our Red Blend. This recipe is perfect for Easter brunch, family dinners, and get togethers with friends.
- 1 bottle of our bold and approachable One Brick Red Blend to enjoy with
- 1 8 pound bone-in spiral-cut smoked ham
- 3 cups apple juice
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup honey mustard
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- Preheat the over to 375 degrees. Place the ham in a large roasting pan and set on the rack. Pour your apple juice over the ham, cover with foil and roast for 1 hour, basting with apple juice every 15 minutes. Continue roasting for 1 hour longer, basting twice with the pan juices.
- In a small bowl, whisk the honey, brown sugar, mustard, and black pepper. Remove the foil from the ham and brush the glaze over the ham. Roast the ham for 30 minutes longer until the glaze is caramelized. Roast until the ham reaches 140 degrees in the thickest part of the meat.
- Transfer the ham to a platter and let rest for 10 minutes before slicing and serving.
- Enjoy with One Brick Red Blend.
Want more recipes and wine pairings?