Nutella and Strawberry Stuffed French Toast paired with our One Brick Bubbly Rosé
Spring is definitely in the air and Easter is just around the corner. We love this time of year, as it signals new growth and liveliness after the long winter. In celebration of the season, we’ve rounded up our favorite Spring recipes.
Brunch is always better with some bubbly which is why we paired our new wine club exclusive Bubbly with our nutella and strawberry stuffed french toast. The red cherry aromas and flavors followed by crisp apple and fresh white peach pair well with rich nutella nicely. There is a touch of toasted bread and nut aromas that add a sexy nuance to the profile and blends well with the stuffed French toast.
- 1 loaf of French bread
- 5 large eggs
- 2 lbs strawberries
- 1 cup of milk
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- 4 ½ tbsp. granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp. flour
- ¼ tsp. baking powder
- ¼ tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 cup Nutella
- Powdered sugar for topping
- In a bowl toss together the strawberries and 3 tbsp. granulated sugar and let rest for 30 minutes in refrigerator.
- Preheat an electric griddle to 350-375 degrees. Slice bread into 1 ¼ inch slices.
- Cut through the center of each slice keeping the end attached. Spread Nutella inside the center of each slice and set aside.
- In a blender add milk, cream, eggs, vanilla, 1 ½ tsp granulated sugar, flour, baking powder, and cinnamon. Pulse on low speed then pour into a shallow dish.
- Dip each side of the French toast into egg mixture allowing a few seconds for it to soak up, be careful not to submerge the Nutella spread center.
- Butter the griddle and cook the stuffed French toast until golden brown, then repeat on the opposite side.
- Serve with dusted powdered sugar and strawberries on top, don’t forget to pop that bubbly!
Want more recipes and wine pairings?