Sauvignon Blanc & Roasted Chicken with Vegetables
Keep it easy with our roasted chicken recipe, pair it with our Sauvignon Blanc for a light, delicious meal. The citrus overtones of our Sauvignon Blanc will energize the lemony take on this chicken dish!
- 1 whole chicken
- Carrots, peeled and halved lengthwise
- Green beans
- Small potatoes, halved lengthwise
- 3 shallots, peeled and halved lengthwise
- 1 lemon, halved
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley leaves
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
-Place chicken on a large plate and season generously with salt and pepper; cover with plastic and wrap and refrigerate overnight.
-Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Let chicken stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Toss carrots, green beans, shallots, potatoes, and lemon with 2 tablespoons oil; season with salt and pepper. Arrange in a large roasting pan.
- Rub the chicken with the remaining 1 tablespoon oil, tie legs with twine, and nestle in the center of your vegetables. Roast, flipping vegetables around edges once, until chicken is golden and a thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the breast (avoiding bone) registers 160 degrees, 55 to 60 minutes.
-Transfer chicken and lemon halves to a carving board and tent loosely with foil. Flip vegetables; return to oven and roast until caramelized and tender, 15 to 20 minutes more. Carve chicken and transfer to a platter or return to roasting pan. Sprinkle with parsley, squeeze lemon over top, and serve with vegetables.