Spring Beet and Avocado Salad paired with our Sauvignon Blanc
Our Sauvignon Blanc pairs well with this roasted beet salad, especially if you choose to make our Citrus Vinaigrette which surprisingly brings out the smoothness of the wine. Enjoy on a nice warm day with a cool glass of our Sauvignon Blanc.
- 4 medium sized beets
- 2 avocados, sliced
- 4 ounces mixed green lettuces
- 2 tbsp. pistachios, chopped
- 1 tbsp. minced shallot
- 2 tbsp. rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. fresh orange juice
- 2 tsp. orange zest
- 1 tsp. lemon zest
- 1/3 cup good quality extra virgin olive oil
- Cook the beets in a saucepan and cover with an inch of water. Boil and bring to a low simmer for 30 minutes until the beets can be easily pierced with a fork.
- Whisk together the vinaigrette ingredients into a small bowl.
- Drain the beets and peel off the outer skin. Cut in half and place in your salad bowl.
- Cut the avocado wedges.
- Toss the salad greens with half of the vinaigrette, then add the beets and avocado on top. Sprinkle with the chopped pistachios and drizzle the remaining vinaigrette.